I locked myself out and/or misplaced my OneCard
If you lose your OneCard, are having trouble using it, or have been locked out of your residence hall, you may obtain a free temporary OneCard 24/7 at one of the following locations:
- Area Office: Monday - Thursday, 10am - 9pm; Friday, 10am - 5pm; Sunday, 7am - 9pm
- OneCard Office in the Charles Van Der Ahe Building: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (excluding holidays). On Wednesdays the OneCard office is open until 7pm.
- Public Safety in Foley Annex if the above offices are closed.
If you choose to call Public Safety and request direct assistance for housing access, rather than obtaining a free temporary OneCard, Public Safety will assist for a $150 charge.
Why is there a $150 charge?
A student will incur a $150 charge only if they choose to call Public Safety and request direct assistance for housing access instead of obtaining a free temp card. This includes:
- Direct access by DPS staff.
- DPS-provided escort related to the procuring of a temporary or replacement OneCard as a result of a lockout.
- DPS-provided patrol directly related to a lockout.
Are extenuating circumstances considered when the $150 is applied?
A Resident Student who feels they are assessed the service charge due to circumstances beyond their control has calendar 14 days to file an appeal on the Public Safety website.
How will the $150 fee be collected?
The $150 service charge will be billed directly to their student account.
What will Public Safety do with the fees collected?
The fees will supplement Public Safety’s student work study program.