Housing Access FAQs

  • I locked myself out and/or misplaced my OneCard

    If you lose your OneCard, are having trouble using it, or have been locked out of your residence hall, you may obtain a free temporary OneCard 24/7 at one of the following locations:

    • Area Office: Monday - Thursday, 10am - 9pm; Friday, 10am - 5pm; Sunday, 7am - 9pm
    • OneCard Office in the Charles Van Der Ahe Building: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (excluding holidays). On Wednesdays the OneCard office is open until 7pm.
    • Public Safety in Foley Annex if the above offices are closed.

    If you choose to call Public Safety and request direct assistance for housing access, rather than obtaining a free temporary OneCard, Public Safety will assist for a $150 charge.

  • Why is there a $150 charge?

    A student will incur a $150 charge only if they choose to call Public Safety and request direct assistance for housing access instead of obtaining a free temp card. This includes:

    • Direct access by DPS staff.
    • DPS-provided escort related to the procuring of a temporary or replacement OneCard as a result of a lockout.
    • DPS-provided patrol directly related to a lockout.
  • Are extenuating circumstances considered when the $150 is applied?

    A Resident Student who feels they are assessed the service charge due to circumstances beyond their control has calendar 14 days to file an appeal on the Public Safety website.

  • How will the $150 fee be collected?

    The $150 service charge will be billed directly to their student account.

  • What will Public Safety do with the fees collected?

    The fees will supplement Public Safety’s student work study program.