I got locked out of my room or have temporarily misplaced my OneCard
If you lose your OneCard, are having trouble using it, or have been locked out of your residence hall, you may obtain a free temporary OneCard 24/7 at one of the following locations:
- Area Office: Monday - Thursday, 10am - 9pm; Friday, 10am - 5pm; Sunday, 7am - 9pm
- OneCard Office in the Charles Van Der Ahe Building: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (excluding holidays). On Wednesdays the OneCard office is open until 7pm.
- Public Safety in Foley Annex if the above offices are closed.
If you choose to call Public Safety and request direct assistance for housing access, rather than obtaining a free temporary OneCard, Public Safety will assist for a $150 charge to your student account. This includes:
- Direct access by DPS staff.
- DPS-provided escort related to the procuring of a temporary or replacement OneCard as a result of a lockout.
- DPS-provided patrol directly related to a lockout.
A resident student who feels they are assessed the service charge due to circumstances beyond their control has calendar 14 days to file an appeal.
How do I register my bike?
Along with LAPD, we strongly encourage all community members to register their bikes on campus. Not only does it help deter theft, but will also expedite the return of a bike if it's lost or stolen. Students can register their bike at the DPS main office in Foley Annex.
How do I report a crime, suspicious person or activity?
All LMU students, faculty, staff, and visitors are strongly encouraged to report all crimes, suspicious activity, and safety-related incidents in a timely manner. The timely reporting of information promotes the safety and security of the campus community.
Reports may be made anonymously.
Crimes, suspicious activity, or safety-related incidents that occur on campus or in any off-campus LMU building should be reported via any of the following means:
- In person at Foley Annex
- Via the Rave Guardian app
- By calling the Department of Public Safety at (310) 338-2893
- By filling out an e-report form
- By utilizing any of the Campus Emergency Phones
How do I obtain a filming permit?
Stop by our main office at Foley Annex and we will be able to complete your request.
Do you offer trainings to on-campus groups or offices?
Yes! The Department of Public Safety offers a variety of seminars, including disaster preparedness, theft prevention, rape prevention, and campus safety. We will tailor the training to your group or location on campus. Please contact us for more information.