About the COVID Safe Return Initiative
In alignment with changes to Public Health and Cal/OSHA protocols, EHS has developed the COVID - Safe Return Initiative, an updated assessment process that will allow for ongoing communication of protocols and streamlined support, to ensure that all employees have a safe and compliant workspace.
COVID Safety Liaison
The Dean or Vice President appoints one or more designees to serve as the COVID Safety Liaison for their college/school/department. The COVID Safety Liaison:
- Serves as the point-person for their area with EHS and Emergency Management, as it relates to COVID workspace and instruction safety protocol and planning
- Coordinates or conducts the workspace assessment for their area
- Serves as the single point of contact for staff and faculty who have questions about COVID safety in their office, suite, and/or classroom
- Works with their Dean or Vice President to complete the safety attestation.
Training & Ongoing Partnership
To prepare the COVID Safety Liaison, EHS and Emergency Management will:
- Provide a training in early May along with a representative from Facilities Management (and the Provost’s Office for the colleges/schools training)
- Host monthly meetings for all Liaisons
- Send updates as protocol changes
- Provide hands-on support as needed for unique workspaces or instruction pedagogies
- Be available to address questions as they arise in the months to come.
Staff Access to Campus & Mandatory Surveillance Testing
After June 1 and as soon as the workspace assessment (as well as the learning space assessment for colleges/schools) and safety attestations are complete, all staff and part-time faculty in that area will be granted access to campus during business hours.
General COVID Safety Liaison Information
- COVID Safety Liaison Roster
- COVID Safety Liaison Training*
- COVID Safety Communications*
- Safety Session Agendas & Notes*
- Return to the Bluff Diagrams*
- Protocol Resources*
Air Filtration Information
- Air Filtration – Information Technology Services (ITS)*
- Air Filtration – Human Resources (HR)*
- Air Filtration – Academic Affairs*
- Air Filtration – Student Affairs*
*Visible to designated COVID Safety Liaisons only.