What are the University's emergency resources?
The health and safety of the LMU Community is our top priority. LMU has committed significant resources toward our emergency preparedness program and action plan. Highlighted resources include:
- Specific procedures that define the University's response to natural or human-caused event.
- A network of individuals across campus who are trained in emergency response procedures, including members of the Building Captain and Emergency Response Team Program.
- Full-time staff who are committed to the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff.
- The Department of Public Safety (DPS) acts as the first response to minimize injuries and loss of life.
- DPS partners with the Los Angeles Police and Fire Departments, county, state and other emergency service agencies.
- The campus maintains an Emergency Operations Center that is staffed by University representatives to coordinate a rapid response to a crisis.
- The University utilizes external experts to review and audit emergency procedures to ensure that they reflect best practices.
How are emergency situations communicated to the campus community?
The University utilizes multiple communications methods to reach students, faculty and staff:
- LMU Alert, the university's emergency notification system
- LMU Emergency Management Website
- Direct communications through Student Housing staff in all residence halls and apartments
- Campus-wide e-mail announcements
- University Website
- Campus radio station (KXLU 88.9 FM)
- Campus cable television (ROAR Network)
- LiveSafe App
- Department of Public Safety, (310) 338-2893
What support services are offered in response to an emergency situation?
The University provides a broad range of services designed to assist students, faculty and staff following a crisis:
- Student Psychological Services provides counseling, walk-in consultations and emergency psychological services. For more information, call (310) 338-2868.
- The University's Employee Assistance Program offers 24/7 counseling services to faculty and staff. For more information, call (800) 367-7474.
- The Office of Campus Ministry offers daily masses and spiritual guidance to students, faculty and staff. For more information, call (310) 338-2860.
Who should I contact with my questions and feedback regarding emergency procedures and planning?
The Department of Public Safety is available at (310) 338-2893 to respond to your immediate needs or direct you to the appropriate on-campus resource. For general emergency management questions or feedback, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.