When Should I Call 9-1-1?
Reserve 9-1-1 for emergencies, such as:
- Any type of fire (structure, brush, etc.)
- Crime in progress
- Any life-threatening situation (active shooter, person with a weapon, etc.)
- Serious medical emergency (chest pains, seizures, bleeding, etc.)
When Should I Call DPS?
DPS may be your first contact for:
- Traffic accidents
- Loud music
- Suspicious person or activity
- Disruptive behavior, disputes, or fights
- Information requests
DPS may be reached at 310.338.2893.