In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1 first. Then call the Department of Public Safety for additional backup at 310.338.2893 or -222 from any campus landline phone.
LMU Counseling Center: 310.338-2868
LMU Student Health Services: 310.338.2881
LMU Off-Campus Student Life: 310.568.6262
Other Contacts & Resources
LAPD Non-Emergency: 877.ASK.LAPD
LAFD Non-Emergency: 323.881.2411
LA County Sheriff Non-Emergency: 213.229.1700
LA Department of Water & Power: 800.DIAL.DWP
Southern California Edison: 800.655.4555
Southern California Gas Company: 877.238.0092
National Poison Control Center: 800.222.1222
If you are the victim of sexual assault:
- Go to a safe place as soon as you can.
- Call for help. For all emergencies, dial 9-1-1 first, followed by LMU Public Safety. For calls that are not time sensitive, call LMU Public Safety at 310.339.2893.
- Preserve all physical evidence.
- Keep a log.
- Seek emergency medical and crisis treatment.
- Santa Monica Rape Treatment Center: 310.319.4000
- LMU Student Health Services: 310.338.2881
- LMU Counseling Center: 310.338.2868
- Get help abroad with the ACE Travel Assistance Program.
- Domestic: 855.327.1414
- International: +1 630.694.9764
- Other Resources:
- Los Angeles District Attorney's Office – Sex Crimes Division, 213.974.1611
- Los Angeles County Domestic Violence Hotline, 800.978.3600
- Callisto Campus: a non-profit platform by survivors, for survivors – providing individuals with trauma-informed options for reporting sexual assault in a safe way.
The Department of Public Safety is committed to supporting and managing the campus Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program. There are Public Access Defibrillators (PADs) located throughout campus in addition to portable and non-public access AEDs for various programs and offices.
If you are ever in need of an AED and cannot locate one in the vicinity, you can call the Department of Public Safety at x222 from a campus phone or 310.338.2893.
If you have any questions, please call us or contact us at the Department of Public Safety in Foley Annex.
Use this handy checklist as a guide, to ensure you have everything you need to survive an emergency.
In an evacuation, building occupants should report to these designated areas to receive further instructions from the Department of Public Safety.
City of Los Angeles disaster tips, emergency preparedness and recovery website.
The Los Angeles County Office of Emergency Management has designed a program and informational website to prepare for disasters and terrorist attacks. This information is provided to aide in developing a disaster plan.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) preparedness website.