Welcome to LMU! With a sunny beach location and some of the world's most innovative tech and cinema at our doorstep, the LMU experience is unlike any other.
While Loyola Marymount is situated in a quiet residential neighborhood, it is still part of the second largest city in the country. As with any big metropolis, it is wise to stay aware of your surroundings and follow common safety guidelines.
Below is a general checklist to help ensure that your time at LMU is a safe and enriching one.
- You must sign up for LMU Alert, the university's emergency notification system, before you can register for classes. Sign up here!
- Download the Rave Guardian app in the Apple or Google Play store to have the "Watch Me Walk" safe walk home feature, ability to text DPS, campus resources and more -- all at your fingertips.
- Walking home late at night? In addition to "Watch Me Walk" through the Rave app, DPS also provides safe rides home and a student escort program 24/7. Call us if you need us – we'll make sure you get home safely!
- Living on your own for the first time? Review our safety tips.
- Did you know? Beyond public safety, DPS is responsible for bike registrations, the campus lost and found, and more. Check out the full list of what we do.