The following questions have been curated in partnership with regional and national law enforcement, for thoughtful discussion on emergency preparation.
LMU Public Safety encourages all Lions to take a few moments with your fellow students and colleagues, and have an earnest dialogue surrounding the responses best suited to your classroom, workspace, or residence hall.
- In case of an emergency, what are your best exit routes?
- Explain the Run. Hide. Fight. method, and detail how you would react in this specific room/building.
- If you evacuated to a secure location, where would you go?
- How would you help those in need of assistance?
- If you must shelter in place, where would you go and what would you use to conceal and/or shield yourself? Does the door lock? What could you use to block entry to the room?
- If you had to fight back as a last resort, what would you do? What objects would you use?
- Does your household (family, roommates, etc.) have an emergency communications plan in place? If you lost your phone, do you have a friend or family member's phone number memorized to call and let them know your whereabouts?
Remember, just a few minutes of foresight can make the critical difference to your emergency response.