When a student who lives in a campus residence hall or apartment (referred to herein as campus residence) misplaces their OneCard or gets locked out of their campus residence, they may procure a complimentary temporary OneCard twenty-four hours a day seven days a week at:
- Their Area Office Monday-Thursday: 10:00am - 9:00pm, Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm, and Sunday: 7:00pm - 9:00pm.
- The OneCard Office in Van der Ahe Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm (excluding holidays); on Wednesday the OneCard Office is open until 7pm.
- Public Safety in Foley Annex when the OneCard Office is closed seven days a week.
Public Safety is aware that there may be an instance in which a student cannot physically obtain a temp card. In these situations, a Public Safety Official can provide direct assistance, for a Lockout Service Charge of $150 (billed to Student Account). A student will incur a $150 charge only if they choose to call Public Safety and request direct assistance for housing access instead of obtaining a free temp card. This includes:
- Direct access by DPS staff.
- DPS-provided escort related to the procuring of temporary or replacement OneCards as a result of a lockout.
- DPS-provided patrol directly related to a lockout.
A Resident Student who feels they are assessed the service charge due to circumstances beyond their control has 14 days to file an appeal. Appeals should be direct and address factual information only.
- The requester of a Public Safety lockout service has 14 calendar days to file the appeal.
- The appeal is reviewed and is either dismissed or upheld.
- The appellant is notified of the decision via email.